Design Approach: Britspace
- Britspace does not offer a 'one size fits all' mentality. Different market sectors have unique performance drivers and requirements.
- The Flexibility of the Britspace approach and 'out-of-the-box' thinking is a constant theme of our design approach; demonstrated by innovative project solutions and readiness of our design team's capability.
- Britspace promote a collaborative approach to design, and engage as early as possible in the project to ensure coordination and synergy with the Client's design team
Design Approach: Gateway Pods
- Underpinning knowledge of on site building practices including M/E services which can lead to more efficient designs on site
- Several standard floor depth designs, however bespoke depths can be achieved
- Bespoke pod frames to satisfy the criteria of the building structure
- Bespoke pod frames able to suit strict fire strategies and acoustic performances
- Fully detailed construction and mechanical/electrical drawings clearly & concisely detailing all pod features
- In depth knowledge of available products within the industry and ability to advise suitable value engineering alternatives
Britspace Structural Capability:
- Robust Flooring Systems developed to meet and exceed Vibration and Floor Response Criteria for Hospitals, Crown Courts, Prisons and Schools.
- Floor Constructions from conventional plywood decking through factory-poured structural screeds to mass fill concrete solutions. Highest achievable floor loading capabilities from Domestic to Plant Room and Specialist application buildings.
- Design and System Capability to deliver High Rise Structures up to 25 Storey, both supported and self supported.
- Full Range of Point Loaded, Line Loaded and Hybrid Modular Solutions to deliver economy with performance and ultimate flexibility. Conventional rectangular envelopes complimented with angled, curved and faceted bays.
- The Britspace structural system has the benefit of independent accreditation from the British Board of Agreement (BBA) and offers a structural design life of up to 60 years.
Britspace Statutory & Regulatory:
- Britspace have a commitment to improving building energy performance and reducing carbon emissions as part of a holistic sustainability strategy
- Britspace offer upgraded elements of building fabric to deliver improved U-Values and enhanced thermal performance.
- Britspace invest heavily in research and development, and promote the use of modern materials to provide improved thermal and acoustic performance, Please refer to the Innovations section for details of recent developments